Greenwood Lake UpdateAugust 3, 2019
NJ26 In the News August 2019August 3, 2019
The Office of Legislative Services is still drafting and assigning bill numbers to some of my proposed legislation, but we do not need to wait to urge the Governor and Legislature to take action on both Lake Hopatcong and Greenwood Lake.
We can contact each of their offices at the numbers, addresses or emails provided below and urge them to:
- Move Assemblywoman DeCroce’s proposed bill to increase the annual aid for Lake Hopatcong from $500,000 to $4 million
- Move Assemblywoman DeCroce’s proposed bill for the state to install sewers for homes and businesses in Jefferson Township and Hopatcong, or subsidize the cost of homeowners and businesses to more frequently pump out the effluent in their septic systems.
- Move Assemblywoman DeCroce’s resolution requiring New York and New Jersey to work together on fixing the problems around Greenwood Lake.
- Move Assemblywoman DeCroce’s bill, A-5078, to annually appropriate $4 million through Fiscal Year 2034 for tourism promotion and development activities at both Greenwood Lake and Lake Hopatcong.
- Move Assemblywoman DeCroce’s bill, A-4348, to establish West Milford as an Urban Enterprise Zone, which will help boost local businesses.
- Move A-3804, which Assemblywoman DeCroce co-sponsored, to create an annual allotment of $500,000 for annual maintenance at Greenwood Lake.
Office of Governor Phil Murphy
The State House
P.O. Box 001
Trenton, NJ 08625
Phone: (609) 292-6000
Fax: (609) 292-3454
Senator Stephen M. Sweeney
Phone: (856) 251-9801 (West Deptford) (856) 339-0808 (Salem)
Assemblyman Craig J. Coughlin
Phone: (732) 855-7441 (Woodbridge)